Is the geometry of the investment casting part optimal for the intended use? Is it possible to save material? How can the parts be produced most economically? How can the customer’s benefit be increased mutually?
The BLANK-team can answer these questions early in the development process. The Digital Twin by FEINGUSS BLANK is the key to a sustainable customer’s benefit. The application of most modern techniques makes it possible to simulate the essential manufacturing steps and so to recognize weak points and eliminate them.
Possible simulations (among others):
- material simulation
- FEM calculation
- casting and solidification simulation
- topology optimization
By means of these different simulations the customer can be provided with material recommendations, feasibility analyses and parts optimizations. However, at BLANK, scenarios cannot be simulated and checked only at the monitor. Additive procedures also offer the possibility to recreate each single manufacturing step already before ordering a cost-intensive tool and sample production– for ex. through 3D-print. This way questions can be cleared regarding optimal surface quality for the intended use or which of the many possible processing variations is the most suitable, this results again in saving costs and time for the customer.
Possible additive manufacturing procedures at FEINGUSS BLANK:
- additive manufactured wax parts for the investment casting procedure to be able to reproduce first pre-series parts
- milling parts of metal and wax for first trials in the manufacturing and application process
- additive manufactured prototype of metal, for example with the selective laser melting procedure (SLM)
The gained knowledge of the different design and prototype phases enable later on in the series an optimal production specific to the customer. So following properties are efficiently feasible in the investment casting procedure by means of the knowledge of the Digital Twin:
- an attractive, economic process through recognition and use of possible savings by means of the Digital Twin
- complex geometries and material which is difficult to process
- reduction of processing efforts by intelligent lightweight construction
- minimization of developmental periods
- optimization of weight and therefore reduction of material costs
- diminution of serial production start-up costs
The advantages of the Digital Twin by FEINGUSS BLANK are obvious:
It is possible to test different variations and choose the best possible one. Beside the cost savings our customer obtains also planning reliability and a reliable competent development partner.